Tuesday 7 May 2013

DIY lip scrub (and tin)

Well these past few days it's been positively hot in Cumbria. That's right, I just used 'hot and 'Cumbria in the same sentence. What is going on with the world? Anyway with this hot weather I thought my lips might stop getting chapped. Wrong. My lips can chap really badly so I get through so many Vaseline tins, luckily I came up with an idea to up cycle them and help my chapped lip catastrophe!




up cycled Vaseline tin


  • a Vaseline tin
  • paint (I used acrylic because it sticks to the tin better)
  • felt tip pens
  • other decoration (eg GLITTER!!!)
  • nail varnish remover
  1. wash your tin and paint it with your chosen colour, but don't paint the part of the tin under the lid, otherwise it's really hard to get the lid on and off.
  2. once dry write your lip scrub title on and decorate with paint, felt tips and any other decorations
  3. once dry neaten up any edges or the part under the lid with nail varnish remover
DIY lip scrub


Adaptations 
I used orange essence for my lip scrub but this can be quite an obscure essence to get hold of so you can use any essence or even use coconut or any nut butter instead. I think it's nice to be creative with the titles too, so if you use vanilla call it creme brulee, rose could be English garden and almond could be frangipane!



With all the warm weather (it got to almost 20oC today, I found it hard not to change into a swim suit!) I thought it would be a great chance to start experimenting with my new DSLR too. Here are just a couple of the photos I took in that garden which I thought looked quite pretty, thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment